background img

The New Stuff

Confessions of a Shopaholic: The Book

Well, I think a must read book for women who enjoy reading chick-lit or light flicks :-). And here is why:
  • If you are a female born with normal genes & hormones, I will assume you have the code of “I love shopping” embedded somewhere within your DNA. Yeah, I know the level of coding can actually vary from women to women but it’s definitely there in all the women at least I know since childhood. And if you are one of those normal women with this “shopping” thing in your DNA, you’ll definitely like this book or rather I shall say you’ll love this book!
  • This book is very light, witty & really a fun read.
  • The journey of main protagonist “Rebecca Bloomwood” whose life is in a mess because of her obsession towards shopping is interesting enough to hold your attention till the end of the book. Not even once while reading I felt bored of it.
  • I have not watched the movie yet but the writing style of the book is so vivid that you actually feel you are watching a movie.
  • It definitely leaves you a smile on your face & it’s one of those books which you would like to finish asap.
So, next time when you’re looking for a light casual read, do try it out please.

Other details of the book:
Author: Sophie Kinsella
Price: Rs. 261/- (I bought in from landmark 2 weeks back)
Special Note: Statutory Warning - This book is a strict NO for men! I‘m sure most of the men would not like to try anything which is even remotely related to shopping :-)

8 comments :

Renu said...

My daughter has read this whole series and been recommending it to me:), this time when I go to her place, I will also read them.

Nautankey said...

Excuse me..the special note was too generic.I for one love splurging money on useless things under the pretext of shopping,especially when i am depressed..the sight of my credit card being swiped gives a good high and makes me fight depression :)..will check the movie don't think i have patience to read a chick flick book.

Shayari said...

Hmmm..cool review!

Picked Zama's 'Marriage bureau for rich people' from Sapna's y'day. See a plain good review @ Smi's blog made me buy that! :O

How very true of the 'I love shopping' code being merged in our DNA. Lol :D

WSW said...

The movie sucked!
Maybe the book will rock.

Smita said...

I simply love this book...

In fact I think about Becky and I laugh :D The book is adorable & something which I could relate to :D

In fact me & WIAN describe our shopping by saying 'I did a Becky today :D'

The movie is saved in my lappy but somehow I feel that the movie can no matter be better than the book...

Do read rest of the series...equally hilarious they are, specially the letters she writes to her banker :D

Isn't Becky adorable???

Gosh! I think I'll read it again ;-)

@ Shay I hope u love the book :)

Kanupriya said...

@ Renu: Oh you should :-)

@ Nautankey: I said "most of the men" :P. Wasn't knowing u too r into shopping, yeah shopping really helps in overcoming depression :D

@Shayari: LOL...Yeah even I have read that on Smita's blog & next in my list is also the same book.

@ WSW: Oh really? If you into light reads, you may try the book

@ Smita: LOL...nice one - I did a Becky today! Will surely read the rest of the series.

~anu~ said...

watched the movie about two weeks back and on the book right now.. had a good time watching the movie.. and having a splendid time reading this too! :)

(who am i? - iya's friend, siddharth's cousin - there is a lot more to my identity though, but i guess this is good for a start :) )

Waterfox said...

And I am suggesting 'The Zoya Factor' by Anuja Chauhan. I don't pick up chick flicks but this one fooled me since it flaunts its cricket connexions.

One enjoyable activity is to match the characters with real people.

Proud to be listed in

Connect with me

Tweeting @kanupriyasindhu

I'm a

On my bookshelf

Currently reading


goodreads.com

Stop plagiarism

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape