background img

The New Stuff

Movies that cheer you up anytime :-)


Today I tweeted something about movies in the morning and it instantly reminded me the number of movies I got to watch in 2012 in theater. Guess how many? Well just TWO! Now who know me, know very well my movie stats till 2011 but then things change and have changed a lot since the little one has arrived. Though the good part is that we have started to spend more and more time at home these days playing and having fun with our little one. We both always loved watching good movies at home but these days our DVD viewing has gone up considerably. Where else will you get the comfort and convenience of watching movies with multiple breaks for diaper change, milk refill, play time etc. Yes, a two and hour movie is watched somewhere between 4 hours to 4 days depending upon what mood our little boss is into .

And at the end of hectic days coupled with all these breaks in between, all you wanna watch are movies that can cheer you up. You know those comedies that make you really laugh, rom-coms that bring a smile on your face and those girly-girly movies that you can never get bored of! Yeah those and my movie quotas generally consist of such movies these days, movies that just add some light and fun moments in my life. All my old preferences for world cinema and serious movies have been saved and well preserved for later stage in life. As of now, only movies that can cheer me up !

Here’s a list of five girly (caution: I repeat these are truly girly :P) that I watched in last few weeks and despite the fact that all these were re-watch for me, I still didn’t get bored of any .
  • Confessions of a Shopaholic: Hee hee, whatay delight! Well as per what people say about me, I’m not a shopaholic I think but then Beccy does bring a smile on my face. You don’t need to be a shopping addict to relate to her, some part of her is definitely real, after all which girl does not like new stuffs ? And to add to that Hugh Dancy as Luke Brandson is absolutely droolworthy!
  • Sleepless in Seattle: It must be my nth watch and I was still not bored of it! I’m sure anybody who likes to watch mush must have watched it. In case you haven’t, please stop reading this post and go watch it now!
  • A Walk to Remember: When I had first watched it, I was totally surprised. I had expected it to be just another rom-flick but it was much more than that. I watched it again few days back and didn’t use the forward button at all.
  • Julie & Julia: I just spotted a copy of this movie and for my love for cooking & baking and the fact that I am in kitchen more these days for the junior dude made me watch it again. Watch it for the love of food and the passionate chef inside you; you won’t be disappointed for sure.
  • Music & Lyrics: Hugh Grant & Drew Barrymore… do you need any more reason to watch a rom-com than these two? 
I’m a huge fan of Hindi cinema too but I wonder why don’t they make good light movies that one can think of re-watching again. The last hindi movie that I willingly watched second time was Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara and after that none! There are many from other genres in Bollywood that I can watch again but comedy? Well, I think none! Not at least any recent one.

So, which are your cheer-up movies that can lighten your mood anytime you watch them? Share it here and in case I have not watched it, I would love to whenever I get time next. 


8 comments :

Unknown said...

I liked Dil Chahta hain better than ZNMD....the latter seemed more a tourist promotion for Spain than anything else! I'm more partial to older movies; Amar Akbar Anthony, Satte pe Satta etc...those I can watch again and again!!

Jack said...

Kanupriya,

After reading this I tried to recollect how many movies did I see last year, in theater or at home. Well, answer may surprise you - NONE, though I wanted to see a few which have been rated high by blogger friends here. Let me see if I can manage those this year.

Take care

Smita said...

All Salman Khan movies ;-)

Kanupriya said...

@roshni: Ya even I loved DCH and have watched it many times. I was referring to the new hindi movies. In old, agree there are many classics worth re-watch :)

Kanupriya said...

@Jack: LOL, m feeling better now...at least someone has watched lesser movies than me :D

Kanupriya said...

@Smita: Oh yes, for you I'm sure if it has Salman it can cheer you up anytime :D... I think I should start calling you "Chulbuli Pandey" :D

sam said...

I like 3 idiots. It is definitely a very good attempt...& a very nice movie too!

shiva said...

Watch
'TURNING 30'
Gul Panag's done a fab job !!!

Proud to be listed in

Connect with me

Tweeting @kanupriyasindhu

I'm a

On my bookshelf

Currently reading


goodreads.com

Stop plagiarism

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape